I am a tenured Associate Professor of the Department of Computer Science and
Engineering at The Ohio State University. I am also affiliated with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of OSU.
I am interested in the security of computer systems and networks in general. While I also work on many other projects, my current research focus is the security and application of trusted execution environments (TEE), which broadly involves research on hardware vulnerabilities, side channels, program analysis, formal verification, crypto protocol design and analysis, blockchain and decentralized computing, machine learning, etc.
In the past, I have attempted to categorize my research into the following research areas. While some of these research projects are still on-going, I do not update them frequently.
I have served on the TPC of the following conferences:
- IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy(S&P), 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- USENIX Security Symposium, 2017
- Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- ACM Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS), 2016, 2019, 2020
- ACM Cloud Computing Security Workshop (CCSW), 2015, 2016, 2017
- EAI International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (Securecomm), 2016
- IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2016 (Distinguished TPC Member Award), 2017 (Distinguished TPC Member Award)
- IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), 2015, 2016, 2018
- International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), 2012, 2013
- International Conference on Cryptology And Network Security (CANS), 2017
- World Conference on Information Security Applications (WISA), 2017, 2018
- Guoxing Chen (Ph.D., first job: Facebook)
- Asli Abokor (Undergraduate student)
- Bo Lu (Undergraduate student)
- Ziman Ling (Undergraduate student)
- Patrick Pastore (Undergraduate student)