I am an assistant professor of the Department of Computer Science and
Engineering at The Ohio State University. I am also affiliated with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of OSU.
The security lab will have multiple RA positions to work on the following research areas: virtualization security, binary analysis, web and cloud security, mobile security, and IoT security. Please drop me an email if you are applying OSU.
- [Jan. 2018]: The issues identified in our NDSS paper have been acknowledged by Apple in CVE-2017-13852, CVE-2017-13873, CVE-2017-13877. Some countermeasures presented in the paper have been implemented in iOS 11 and MacOS High Sierra 10.13 and later versions (link).
- [Nov. 2017]: A paper on the security of searchable encryption has been accepted to INFOCOM 2018: "Differentially Private Access Patterns for Searchable Symmetric Encryption" (with my student Guoxing Chen, Prof. Ten H. Lai and Prof. Michael Reiter).
- [Nov. 2017]: Bo Lu, an undergraduate student in my group, has been awarded a competitive Undergraduate Research Scholarship from college of Arts and Sciences to conduct research on web security. Congratulations!
- [Oct. 2017]: I gave a tutorial at ACM CCS 2017 on the topic of "Cache Side Channels: State of the Art and Research Opportunities". The slides can be found here.
- [Oct. 2017]: Two papers have been accepted to NDSS 2018.
- [Aug. 2017]: Two papers on SGX side channels have been accepted to ACM CCS 2017.
- Asli Abokor (Columbus State Community College)
- Bo Lu
- Patrick Pastore
I am also fortunate to have worked with these talented graduate
- Jun (Cedric) Jiang (UNC)
- Fangfei Liu (Princeton)
- Venkatanathan Varadarajan (U. Wisconsin)
- Qiuyu Xiao (UNC)
- Ziqiao Zhou (UNC)
- Tianwei Zhang (Princeton)