Since Summer 2017, I have been a Ph.D. student in Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), The Ohio State University (OSU), under the supervision of Prof. Huan Sun. Before joining OSU, I got my B.S. in Communication Engineering from Beijing Univerity of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) in 2015.
My research interests lie in AI, NLP, Reinforcement Learning and Deep Learning, particularly: (1) Building Natural Language Interfaces to assist humans with knowledge acquisition and problem solving; (2) Human-AI/Multi-Machine Collaboration, making machine learning models more effective and trustworthy through the interaction and collaboration with humans and other models; (3) Application of Reinforcement Learning and Deep Learning algorithms to interdisciplinary domains, such as Text Mining/NLP + Software Engineering.
- 08/2019: Our work on a principled Interactive Semantic Parsing framework is accepted to EMNLP! See you in Hong Kong!
- 07/2019: Attended ACL'19 in Florence.
- 07/2019: Talk at ETH Zurich: "Towards Building Interactive and Collaborative Natural Language Interfaces".
- 05/2019: One paper accepted to ACL'19 (my first ACL paper ever). Congrats to my collaborator Boyuan!
- 01/2019: Our work exploring machine collaborations between Code Annotation and Code Retrieval is accepted by WWW'19!
- 10/2018: We built an Interactive Semantic Parser: talk to your parser to resolve NL ambiguities (accepted by AAAI'19)!
- 08/2018: To know more about StaQC? Check out our work "A Comprehensive Study of StaQC for Deep Code Summarization" (accepted by SIGKDD'18 Deep Learning Day)!
- 05/2018: Feeling thrilled to start internship at Microsoft Research @ Redmond this summer!!
- 04/2018: Attended WWW 2018 conference @ Lyon, France and present our work "StaQC: A Systematically Mined Question-Code Dataset from Stack Overflow". Check out the slides and quick StaQC examples!
- 04/2018: Attended CRA Grad Cohort Workshop for Women (CRA-W) @ San Francisco.
- 09/2017: Gave a talk about "Mining Code Answers to Natural Language Questions" at OSU CSE AI seminar.
- Ziyu Yao, Yu Su, Huan Sun, Wen-tau Yih, “Model-based Interactive Semantic Parsing: A Unified Formulation and A Text-to-SQL Case Study”, EMNLP 2019. [Paper][Code]
- Boyuan Pan, Hao Li, Ziyu Yao, Deng Cai, Huan Sun, "Reinforced Dynamic Reasoning for Conversational Question Generation", ACL 2019. [Paper][Code]
- Ziyu Yao, Jayavardhan Reddy Peddamail, Huan Sun, "CoaCor: Code Annotation for Code Retrieval with Reinforcement Learning", The Web Conference (WWW) 2019. (Acceptance rate: 18%) [Paper][Code]
- Ziyu Yao, Xiujun Li, Jianfeng Gao, Brian Sadler, Huan Sun, "Interactive Semantic Parsing for If-Then Recipes via Hierarchical Reinforcement Learning", AAAI 2019. (Acceptance rate: 16.2%, SPOTLIGHT) [Paper][Appendix][Code][Slides][Poster]
- Jayavardhan Reddy Peddamail, Ziyu Yao, Zhen Wang, Huan Sun, "A Comprehensive Study of StaQC for Deep Code Summarization", KDD 2018 Deep Learning Day. [Paper][*Update]
- Ziyu Yao, Daniel S. Weld, Wei-Peng Chen, Huan Sun, "StaQC: A Systematically Mined Question-Code Dataset from Stack Overflow", The Web Conference (former WWW Conference) 2018. (Acceptance rate: 14.8%) [Paper][Slides][Data&Code][Quick examples]
- Li Zhao, Minlie Huang, Ziyu Yao, Rongwei Su, Yingying Jiang, Xiaoyan Zhu. "Semi-Supervised Multi-nomial Naive Bayes for Text Classification by Leveraging Word-Level Statistical Constraint", AAAI 2016. [Paper]
- Ziyu Yao, Shouzhong Tu, Minlie Huang, Xiaoyan Zhu. "A Semi-Supervised Method for Filtering Chinese Spam Tweets". Journal of Chinese Information Processing. 2016, 30(5):176-186. [Paper]
- NSF Student Travel Award for The Web Conference 2019 (WWW'19).
- Graduate Students Poster Award (Honorable Mention), OSU, 2019.
- Travel Grant for CRA-W Graduate Cohort for Women, San Francisco, 2018.
- Beijing Outstanding Graduate Award, Beijing, 2015.
- First-class Scholarship (top 3%), BUPT, 2012, 2014.
- Second-class Scholarship (top 5%), BUPT, 2013.
- Autumn 2018: Data Management in the Cloud (CSE 3244), guest panelist.
- Spring 2017: Introduction to Computer Programming in C++ (CSE1222), student instructor and grader.
- Program Committee/Reviewer: AAAI 2020, CoNLL 2019, ACL SRW 2019, EMNLP 2018.
- External/Secondary Reviewer: KDD 2019, KDDFeed Workshop 2019, NAACL 2019, ICDM 2018, ACL 2018, KDD 2017, WWW 2017, CIKM 2016, ICDM 2016.
© 2015 Curriculum Vitae All Rights Reseverd | Design by W3layouts