I am a Ph.D. candidate
in the Department of
Computer Science and Engineering at The Ohio
State University. I got my Bachelor Degree from International School of Software, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China. I work in the Data-Intensive
and High-Performance Computing group led by Dr. Gagan
My research has been focusing on building a light-weight data management layer over large-scale scientific data in distributed environments,
and addressing the challenges in effectively storing, managing, querying, disseminating, and analyzing big data
by diverse techniques, including MapReduce, online processing, approximate processing, various indexing and parallelization approaches.
Yi Wang, Yu Su, Gagan Agrawal and Tantan Liu,
"SciSD: Novel Subgroup Discovery over Scientific Datasets Using Bitmap Indices"[Extended Technical Report],
Yi Wang, Gagan Agrawal, Tekin Bicer, and Wei Jiang,
"Smart: A MapReduce-Like Framework for In-Situ Scientific Analytics"[Extended Technical Report],
Yi Wang, Yu Su, and Gagan Agrawal,
"A Novel Approach for Approximate Aggregations Over Arrays",
Yu Su, Yi Wang, Gagan Agrawal, and Rajkumar Kettimuthu,
"SDQuery DSI: Integrating Data Management Support with a Wide Area Data Transfer Protocol",
in Proceeedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC'13), Nov 2013, Denver, Colorado.
New Open-Source Project: An in-Situ MApReduce liTe (Smart) for scientific analytics
- Smart can load data from distributed memory for in-situ processing and support two different in-situ modes -- space sharing and time sharing;
- Smart can minimize the modification of simulation code;
- Smart can meet strict memory bound of in-situ analytics by using alternate MapReduce API;
- Smart can launch execution in parallel simluation code and still hide the paralleizaiton in a sequential programming view;
- Smart is written in C++11, and the implenetaiton follows Google's coding style.
- Spring 2011,
CSE 625: Introduction to Automata and Formal Languages, grader
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
395, Dreese Labs,
2015 Neil Avenue,
Columbus, Ohio 43210-1277.
Office: 778, Dreese Lab.
Phone: (614) 292-4634
Email: wayi AT cse.ohio-state.edu