CSE 459.22: Programming in C++
- OSU just (1:00 pm) canceled classes for the rest of today, 2/13.
So we will not meet today (Tuesday, 2/13).
Repeat: The lecture for CSE 459.22 for Tuesday, 2/13, is canceled. See you all
next week./ Neelam.
- Course Home Page: http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~neelam/courses/45922/
Course Summary: This is a course focused on technical
details of C++. It is not a beginning programming course.
CSE 321 or equivalent programming background.
Credits: 1 (graded S/U).
Quarter: Wi '07 (Call no.: 04147-7).
Place and Time:
Office: DL 579.
Office hours: M,W,F: 11:30 am - 12:20 pm.
Other hours by appointment.
E-mail (to neelam@cse) questions strongly encouraged.
- Grader: Byoing Zhang.
- Off. hrs: Thurs: 4:30-5:30 pm.
- Office: Bolz Hall 118, Cubicle 17.
- Phone: 292-8397.
- E-mail: zhangboy AT cse
- There will be 4 labs, each worth 100 points. No exams.
- Labs are due on the date specified (and at the time specified) in the
lab assignment. 20% penalty for each 24 hours of late submission.
- Partial credit will be given based on your work.
- Your lab grade will be sent to your CSE address (email@example.com).
- The course is graded S/U. To get an S, you must earn at least 50%
in each lab and at least 280 out of 400 points for the course.
- Extra credits: There may be some pop quizzes. Each will be worth
20 points which can be counted as extra credit toward your grade in
any of the labs.
- B. Stroustrup, C++ Programming Language (3rd edition).
Academic Misconduct: You may discuss the requirements and initial
designs of the labs with other students who are taking this course, but the
final designs and coding of the labs must be your own work.
Other (including announcements):
- Please read the course newsgroup (cse.course.cse45922) regularly.
- Please check your CSE e-mail regularly.
(And if you prefer
to read mail on some on other account, use the "forward" mechanism to
have all your CSE mail forwarded to that other account.)
If the grader
has problems running your labs, he/she will send mail to your CSE address
and it is your responsibility to respond promptly.
Also please read your OSU e-mail regularly.