Protiva RahmanE-mail: rahmanp[at]cse[dot]ohio-state[dot]edu
Office: Dreese Lab 674
Research Interests: Databases, Data Mining, Machine Learning, HCI, Clinical Informatics [Google Scholar][dblp][Resume][Blog][Linked In][Twitter]
- Transformer was accepted to IUI 2019!
- Presenting our work on visualizing rules at DSIA on October 21st!
- Icarus got accepted to VLDB 2018, see you in Rio!
- Presenting our tutorial on Evaluating Interactive Data Systems at SIGMOD on June 12th!
- Protiva Rahman, Arnab Nandi. TRANSFORMER: A Database-Driven Approach to Constrained Generating Forms for Constrained Interaction. ACM IUI 2019 (acceptance rate: 25%). [to appear][patent]
- Protiva Rahman, Courtney Hebert, Arnab Nandi. ICARUS: Minimizing Human Effort in Iterative Data Completion. VLDB 2018 (acceptance rate: 17%). [pdf][slides][website]
- Protiva Rahman, Jian Chen, Courtney Hebert, Preeti Pancholi, Mark Lustberg, Kurt Stevenson, Arnab Nandi. Exploratory Visualizations of Rules for Validation of Expert Decisions. DSIA, co-located with IEEE VIS 2018. [pdf]
- Protiva Rahman, Courtney Hebert, Arnab Nandi. Enabling Effective Data Interaction for Domain Experts. IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI) PhD Symposium 2018. [pdf][slides][poster]
- Lilong Jiang, Protiva Rahman, Arnab Nandi. Evaluating Interactive Data Systems: Workloads, Metrics, and Guidelines. SIGMOD 2018 Tutorial. [pdf][slides][github]
Awards and Leadership
- SIGMOD Student Travel Award 2018
- IEEE ICHI Doctoral Consortium Student Travel Award 2018
- Marianna Russell Technology Grant Spring 2017
- CRA-W Grad Cohort 2017
- Data Quality in the Era of Big Data Workshop Travel Fellowship 2016
- ACM-W Grace Hopper Travel Scholarship 2016
- Society of Women Engineers Graduate Representative (Spring 2018 – Spring 2019)
- Women in Engineering Graduate Council (Spring 2017-present)