- Our paper titled "K-Beam Minimax: Efficient Optimization for Deep Adversarial Learning" was accepted for publication in ICML'18.
- The accompanying code for the k-beam minimax is on the repository GitHub.
- I'm on the program committee of NIPS'18.
- I'm teaching CSE5522 (AI2) in AU'18, WF 14:20-15:40 and 15:55-17:15. Please check here for a brief description of the course.
- I'm on the program committee of ICML'18.
- I have uploaded an arxiv draft on a game-theoretic analysis of adversarial examples and robust classifiers. I'll be presenting this work at the NIPS workshop on Machine Deception.
- ACML 2017 was a successful convention with many interesting invited talks and papers. The next conference will take place in Beijing, 2018.
- I'm teaching CSE5522 (AI2) in SP'18, WedFri 9:35-10:55AM. Please check here for a brief description of the course.
- I'm on the program committee of AISTATS'18.
- The paper titled Minimax Filter: Learning to Preserve Privacy from Inference Attacks was accepted for publication in the Journal of Machine Learning Research.
- I'm on the program committee of AAAI'18.
- News from earlier...
All aspects of Machine Learning. Specific topics include the following:
- Adversarial Learning and Optimization
- Private and Secure Machine Learning
- Nonlinear Dimensionality Reduction and Manifold Learning
- Medical Image Analysis and Computational Anatomy
You can find the list of publications from Google scholar.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, 2008
- M.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Seoul National University, 2001
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, 1997
- Google Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Research Pilot Award, 2016
- Single PI. Access to developer resource
- Finalist, MICCAI Young Scientist Publication Impact Award, 2013
- Best Paper Award, MedIA-MICCAI, 2010
- "GRAM: A Framework for Geodesic Registration on Anatomical Manifolds"
- 1st place (out of 804 submissions), 1st author
- Translational Data Analytics Seed Grant, 2017
- "Quantifying the structure of human experience with data streams from smartphones for early detection of Alzheimer’s disease"
- PI (with Co-PIs Belkin and Sederberg (psych))
- Ohio Federal Research Network, C4ISR, 2016
- "Human-Centered Big Data"
- PI (with Co-PI Belkin)
- Multi-university team (WSU as the main university)
- NSF EAGER, 2015
- "The Exploration of Geometric and Non-Geometric Structure in Data"
- Co-PI (with PI Belkin)
- Google Faculty Research Award, 2015
- "Privacy-Preserving Machine Learning for Smart Devices"
- Single PI, award rate = 16.5%
- Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC), 2014
- "Assessment of Personality Traits from Users' Presence in Social Media"
- Single PI/contractor
- Departmental Research Fellowship, 2002 – 2008
- University Merit Scholarship, 1998 – 2001
Teaching and advising
- CSE 3521/5521: Survey of Artificial Intelligence I: Basic Techniques. The course homepage is hosted on Carmen.
- CSE 5522: Survey of Artificial Intelligence II: Advanced Techniques. The course homepage is hosted on Carmen.
- CSE 5523: Machine Learning and Statistical Pattern Recognition. The course homepage is hosted on Carmen.
- If you are a student interested in machine learning or AI-related projects, please send me your CV.
Please check the courses page for details.
- Workshop co-chair of ACML'17 with Krikamol Muandet
Program Committee and Invited Reviewer:
Neural Information Processing System (NIPS), International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), Artificial Intelligence and Statistics Conference (AISTATS), Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR), Machine Learning Journal (Springer), IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks (TNN), IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP), IEEE Transactions for Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), Neural Networks (NN), Pattern Recognition (PR), International Journal of Pattern Recognition (IJPR), Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), Medical Image Analysis (MedIA).