Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), 2014-Present
Computer science and engineering,The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA.
Advisor: Dr. Dhabaleswar K. Panda
Master of Science (MS), 2010-2012
Computer science and information engineering, National Central University, Taiwan.
Advisor: Dr. Eric Hsiao-Kuang Wu
Bachelor of Science (BS), 2006-2010
Computer science and information engineering, National Changhua University of Education, Taiwan.
High-performance Computing (HPC) and Networking, Cloud Computing and Wireless Networking
C\C++, Java, Lisp, Unix-like\Linux programming, Network Simulation (NS2), Parallel programming (MPI, OpenMP), Hadoop programming(MapReduce)
Current working skills: CUDA, MPI, Python
Graduate Research Associate, 01/2015-Present
Department of computer science and engineering,The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA.
Advisor: Dr. DK Panda
Mainly working on the optimization of CUDA-Aware MPI for the MVAPICH project.
Research Assistant, 08/2013-07/2014
Institue of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan.
Supervisor: Dr. Ling-Jyh Chen
Corporal of artillery, 08/2012-07/2013
Army of Republic of China (R.O.C.), Matsu, Taiwan.
* Please visit my LinkedIn for more details.
- Ching-Hsiang Chu, Xiaoyi Lu, Ammar Ahmad Awan, Hari Subramoni, Jahanzeb Hashmi, Bracy Elton and Dhabaleswar Panda, "Efficient and Scalable Multi-Source Streaming Broadcast on GPU Clusters for Deep Learning, " The 46th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP 2017), Bristol, UK, Aug 14-17, 2017. (Acceptance rate: 28.4%)
- Akshay Venkatesh, Khaled Hamidouche, Sreeram Potluri, Davide Rossetti, Ching-Hsiang Chu and Dhabaleswar Panda, "MPI-GDS: High Performance MPI Designs with GPUDirect-aSync for CPU-GPU Control Flow Decoupling, " The 46th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP 2017), Bristol, UK, Aug 14-17, 2017. (Acceptance rate: 28.4%)
- Ching-Hsiang Chu, Kaled Hamidouche, Hari Subramoni, Akshay Venkatesh, Bracy Elton, and Dhabaleswar K. Panda, "Efficient Reliability Support for Hardware Multicast-based Broadcast in GPU-enabled Streaming Applications, " First Workshop on Optimization of Communication in HPC runtime systems (COM-HPC), held in conjunction with SC'16, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, Nov. 18, 2016. (Acceptance rate: 35%, 8/23)
- Ching-Hsiang Chu, Kaled Hamidouche, Hari Subramoni, Akshay Venkatesh, Bracy Elton, and Dhabaleswar K. Panda, "Designing High Performance Heterogeneous Broadcast for Streaming Applications on GPU Clusters, " 28th International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD'16), Los Angeles, CA, USA, Oct. 26-28, 2016. (Acceptance rate: 35%, 27/77)
- Ching-Hsiang Chu, Kaled Hamidouche, Akshay Venkatesh, Dip Sankar Banerjee, Hari Subramoni, and Dhabaleswar K. Panda, "Exploiting Maximal Overlap for Non-Contiguous Data Movement Processing on Modern GPU-enabled Systems, " 30th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IEEE IPDPS 2016), Chicago, IL, USA, May 23-27, 2016. (Acceptance rate: 23%, 114/496)
- Ching-Hsiang Chu, Kaled Hamidouche, Akshay Venkatesh, Ammar Ahmad Awan, and Dhabaleswar K. Panda, "CUDA Kernel based Collective Reduction Operations on Large-scale GPU Clusters, " 16th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (IEEE/ACM CCGrid 2016), Cartagena, Colombia, May 16-19, 2016. (Acceptance rate: ~20%)
- Kaled Hamidouche, Akshay Venkatesh, Ammar Ahmad Awan, Hari Subramoni, Ching-Hsiang Chu and Dhabaleswar K. Panda, "Exploiting GPUDirect RDMA in Designing High Performance OpenSHMEM for NVIDIA GPU Clusters, " IEEE Cluster 2015, Chicago, IL, USA, Sep. 8-11, 2015.
- Ching-Hsiang Chu, You-Ming Chen, Yu-Te Huang, Roberto Carvalho, Chiun-Chieh Hsu, and Ling-Jyn Chen, "Measurement of Long-distance Wi-Fi Connections: An Empirical Study, " 2014 IEEE International Conference on Communications - Mobile and Wireless Networking Symposium (ICC'14 MWN), Sydney, Australia, June 10-14, 2014. doi:10.1109/ICC.2014.6883685 (Presenter)(Acceptance rate: 38%, 995/2608)
- Ching-Hsiang Chu, Jyh-Ming Chen and Eric Hsiao-Kuang Wu, "A New Transport Protocol for Cloud Servers, " The 6th IEEE International Conference on Ubi-Media Computing (UMEDIA 2013), Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan, November 2-4, 2013.
- Yu-Chen Huang, Ching-Hsiang Chu, Eric Hsiao-Kuang Wu, "A Novel Congestion Control Mechanism on TFRC for Streaming Applications over Wired-Wireless Networks," The 7th ACM* Workshop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and Computing (WMUNEP 2011), Miami Beach, Florida, USA, Oct. 31-Nov. 4, 2011. doi: 10.1145/2069117.2069122. (Presenter)
- Yi-Cheng Chan, Ming-Chun Liao, and Ching-Hsiang Chu, “A Collision-Aware Backoff Mechanisms for IEEE 802.11 WLANs, ” IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems (ICIS 2009), Shanghai, China, November 2009. doi:10.1109/ICICISYS.2009.5358181.
- Min-Te Sun, Ching-Hsiang Chu, Eric Hsiao-Kuang Wu, Chi-Sen Hsiao, and Andy An-Kai Jeng, "Distributed Topology Control for Energy-Efficient and Reliable Wireless Communications," to appear in IEEE Systems Journal. (Accepted)(2016 Impact Factor: 3.882)
- Min-Te Sun, Ching-Hsiang Chu, Eric Hsiao-Kuang Wu, and Chi-Sen Hsiao, "Efficient Articulation Point Collaborative Exploration for Reliable Communications in Wireless Sensor Networks," in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 16, no. 23, pp. 8578-8588, Dec.1, 2016. (2016 Impact Factor: 2.512, 2016 Acceptance rate: 33%)
- Khaled Hamidouche, Akshay Venkatesh, Ammar Ahmad Awan, Hari Subramoni, Ching-Hsiang Chu, Dhabaleswar K. (DK) Panda, "CUDA-Aware OpenSHMEM: Extensions and Designs for High Performance OpenSHMEM on GPU Clusters," Parallel Computing, Volume 58, Pages 27-36, October 2016. (2016 Impact Factor: 1.362)
- Jyh-Ming Chen, Eric Hsiao-Kuang Wu, Hsiang-Wei Lu, Ching-Hsiang Chu, Meng-Feng Tsai, "Channel Condition Self-Clocked Packet Scheduling Scheme for Wireless Networks," EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2013, Article ID 131, 2013. doi:10.1186/1687-1499-2013-131 (2013 Impact Factor: 0.80)
- Jyh-Ming Chen, Ching-Hsiang Chu, Eric Hsiao-Kuang Wu, Meng-Feng Tsai, and Jian-Ren Wang, "Improving SCTP Performance by Jitter-Based Congestion Control over Wired-Wireless Networks," EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2011, Article ID 103027, 2011. doi:10.1155/2011/103027. (2011 Impact Factor: 0.87)
- Ching-Hsiang Chu and Dhabaleswar Panda, “High-Performance and Scalable Broadcast Schemes for Deep Learning on GPU Clusters, ” The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC17), Denver, CO, USA, Nov. 12-17, 2017. (ACM Student Research Competition Poster with Travel Award) (Acceptance rate: 47.5%, 28/59)
- Roberto Carvalho, Ching-Hsiang Chu and Ling-Jyh Chen*, “IVC: Imperceptible Video Communication, ” The 15th Annual International Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (ACM HotMobile 2014), Santa Barbara, CA, USA, February 26-27, 2014. (Demo)