Room 674, Dreese Labs,
Ohio State University.
2015 Neil Avenue,
Email: biswass [AT]
My areas of interest are Programming Languages, Software
Engineering, Compilers, Embedded and Real-Time systems.
I am currently working with the PLaSS group under the supervision
of Dr. Michael Bond. My broad area of work
involves developing efficient software-only dynamic program analyses for detecting concurrency correctness issues in
multi-threaded programs. My work focuses on developing analyses to detect atomicity violations and data races in
I interned at Google Inc., Mountain View, during the
summer of 2013 with the Java Platform Team. My work involved developing a precise dynamic data race detector for
Java programs in the Hotspot VM. The primary goal of the work was to have a working data race detector with minimal
overhead to target production systems.
You can check the following web page for more
information about my earlier work. Web
Winter Quarter 2012:
Instructor: CSE 202:
Introduction to Programming and Algorithms for Engineers and Scientists U 4
Autumn Quarter 2011:
Grader: CSE 360: Introduction to Computer Systems U 4
- Aritra Sengupta, Swarnendu Biswas, Minjia Zhang, Michael D. Bond, and Milind Kulkarni. Hybrid Static-Dynamic
Analysis for Region Serializability. ASPLOS, March 2015
Extended technical report).
- Swarnendu Biswas, Minjia Zhang, and Michael D. Bond. Lightweight Data Race Detection for Production Runs.
Technical Report OSU-CISRC-1/15-TR01, Computer Science & Engineering, Ohio State University, January 2015
- Swarnendu Biswas, Jipeng Huang, Aritra Sengupta, and Michael D. Bond. DoubleChecker: Efficient Sound and
Precise Atomicity Checking. PLDI, June 2014 (Link).
- Swarnendu Biswas, Rajib Mall, and Manoranjan Satpathy. A Regression Test Selection Technique for Embedded
Software. ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems. 13(3):47:1-47:39, December 2013
- Michael D. Bond, Milind Kulkarni, Man Cao, Minjia Zhang, Meisam Fathi Salmi, Swarnendu Biswas, Aritra
Sengupta, and Jipeng Huang. Octet: Capturing and Controlling Cross-Thread Dependences Efficiently. OOPSLA, pages
693-712, October 2013 (Link).
- Swarnendu Biswas and Rajib Mall. Model-Based Regression Test Suite Optimization For Embedded Programs. ACTA
Press Journal of Software Engineering. 1(1), 2012 (Link).
- S. Biswas, R. Mall and M. Satpathy. Task Dependency Analysis for Regression Test Selection of Embedded Programs.
IEEE Embedded Systems Letters. 3(4):117-120, December 2011 (Link).
- S. Biswas, R. Mall, M. Satpathy and S. Sukumaran. Regression Test Selection Techniques: A Survey.
Informatica. 35(3):289-321, October 2011 (Link).
- Biswas, Swarnendu and Mall, Rajib and Satpathy, Manoranjan and Sukumaran, Srihari. A model-based regression
test selection approach for embedded applications. ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes. 34(4):1-9, July,
About Me | less
I have worked as a software developer at Wipro Technologies for more than three years (August 2005 to August
2008). I was involved in software development in the Unified Communications and Automotive Software domain.
I have also worked on a research project from September 2008 to August 2011 at IIT Kharagpur during my MS. The
project was sponsored by General Motors India. My work was on developing automated and efficient regression test
selection approaches for automotive software.
- MS. in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute
of Technology, Kharagpur
- Thesis - Model-Based Regresson Test Selection and Optimization for Embedded Programs
- Duration: January 2009 - June 2011
- Thesis published by LAMBERT Academic Publishing
- ISBN13 - 978-3-8473-4578-7
- BE. in Computer Science and Engineering from National Institute of
Technology, Durgapur in 2005
- Duration: July 2001 - May 2005
Miscellaneous I am a GNU Emacs fan. I have shared some of my customizations on
Github: my dotfile. Most of the information
here is collected from different sources on the Internet, dressed with my choices.
Last Update: 29th March 2015. Swarnendu Biswas.